May 12 2014
Fort Worth Deploys Rugged Notebooks, Advanced Authentication
The city partnered with CDW•G to adopt authentication in public safety.
- Nanette Monte, IT solutions project manager, City of Fort Worth
- Pete Anderson, former chief information officer, City of Fort Worth
- David Tiwater, assistant public safety support manager, Fort Worth Police Department
- Jeffrey Garwacki, officer, Fort Worth Police Department
- Billy Hughes, captain, Fort Worth Fire Department
- The Fort Worth Police Department adopted two-factor authentication to comply with an FBI mandate.
- The technology improved the process by which police officers and fire fighters access network resources.
- Fort Worth is also deploying hundreds of rugged GETAC notebook PCs throughout its police and fire departments.