NASCIO 2014: What’s the Next Step in Cloud Computing?
With much of the low-hanging fruit plucked, state CIOs turn their focus to more challenging deployments. To get more news on what's happening at NASCIO, follow all of StateTech's coverage by visiting our NASCIO 2014 content hub.
- Brenda Decker, CIO, Nebraska
- Jim Smith, CIO, Maine
- Sean Vinck, CIO, Illinois
- Stu Davis, CIO, Ohio
- States are moving data and applications to the cloud because providers can deliver some services more efficiently.
- Data with fewer regulatory concerns are easier to migrate to the cloud.
- Federal efforts such as the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program offer essential benefits to state cloud deployments.