Oct 04 2017
NASCIO 2017: IT Leaders Grapple with Cybersecurity Staffing Gap
Competition from the private sector and growing online threats compel state CIOs to get creative in filling cybersecurity roles.
- Dave Weinstein, CTO, State of New Jersey
- Todd Kimbriel, CIO, State of Texas
- Dewand Neely, CIO, State of Indiana
- Shanna Rahming, CIO, State of Nevada
- Lynne Pizzini, CISO, State of Montana
- Nelson Moe, CIO, State of Virginia
- The shortage of qualified cybersecurity staff is a challenge as IT leaders face increasing threats and vulnerabilities.
- Many states pursue partnerships with academic institutions to develop a pipeline of security professionals.
- CIOs prioritize internal training programs in an effort to identify individuals with a knack for cybersecurity.
Check out our NASCIO 2017 event page for more coverage of the conference.