Thinking about moving your agency's Big Data analytics to the cloud? Organizations see these benefits making the move, according to Forrester’s 2017 The Cloudy Future of Hadoop report:
1. Infrastructure Savings: Organizations that have deployed in the cloud report saving between 20 and 60 percent, compared with on-premises infrastructure costs.
2. Faster Analytics: The cloud lets IT leaders choose the infrastructure best suited to certain types of analysis, including clusters with more memory or that include graphics processing units.
3. Increased Agility: Organizations can run short-lived workloads that process huge amounts of data in a short amount of time, then quickly scale back resources.
4. Self-Service: Today’s tools provide the advanced analytics capabilities of Hadoop without requiring coding ability on the part of users.
5. Simplification: While deploying a Hadoop cluster can take months, IT staff can provision a cloud cluster within minutes.
For more on the benefits agencies are seeing in moving to the cloud, check out our article here.