NASCIO 2014: How Are States Addressing the Insider Threat?
In the wake of the NSA’s Snowden scandal, CIOs are focusing on user education and data security. To get more news on what's happening at NASCIO, follow all of StateTech's coverage by visiting our NASCIO 2014 content hub.
- Brenda Decker, CIO, Nebraska
- Jim Smith, CIO, Maine
- Sean Vinck, CIO, Illinois
- Stu Davis, CIO, Ohio
- Insider threats are among the most serious security risks state governments face.
- States are educating users and managers about best practices to improve security.
- Securing data and monitoring networks can help defend against insider threats.