NASCIO 2016: Legacy IT Modernization Challenges
NASCIO attendees share lessons and best practices learned through the hard work of modernizing legacy IT infrastructure.
- Todd Kimbriel, CIO, State of Texas
- Jim Smith, CIO, State of Maine
- Joshua Karstens, Director PMO and BPM, State of Maine
- Brenda Berlin, Deputy CIO and Chief Financial Officer, State of Colorado
- Aging IT infrastructure represents an enormous security risk for states, but in many ways also is a necessary evil.
- States should plan funding strategically to replace hardware and other technology resources by order of greatest risk.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help: Third-party service providers may bring needed expertise to the table when it's time to upgrade.
Keep up with the latest news and insights coming out of NASCIO 2016 at StateTech's NASCIO event page.