NASCIO 2015: Getting IT on the Same Team
Teamwork is something sports teams need to succeed, but so do IT organizations. In this video, state IT leaders discuss how they motivate their teams and how they keep everyone focused on the same goal.
Check out all of StateTech's coverage of NASCIO here.
- Al Short, CIO of the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration
- Ohio CIO Stu Davis
- Brunson White, Alabama Secretary of Inforamtion Technology
- Paul Sundlin, Maine Associate CIO
- States need to find ways beside money to motivate employees, such as mission importance.
- IT acts as the offensive line in football: doing the dirty work so others can succeed.
- Leadership means stepping back and allowing people to work in the ways most comfortable to them.